You can use Google Pay on your Android devices (phones or watches) wherever you see the Google Pay or contactless symbols.
🔥 Hot tip: You don’t need to see the Google Pay or contactless symbol to pay with Google Pay. Learn more about major stores that accept Google Pay.
Follow the steps below to activate contactless payment:
- Open the Google Pay app.
- At the top left, tap Menu and Payment methods.
- Next to the virtual card for your Brightside Spend Mastercard®, select Enable contactless.
- Follow the instructions to verify your payment method.
Once that's done, to make a payment:
- Wake up your phone and unlock your screen (you don't need to open the Google Pay app to make a payment).
- Hold the top of your device near the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display.
🔥 Hot tip: To make contactless payments, turn on near field communication (NFC). To turn on NFC, check your phone’s settings app.
🔥 Hotter tip: Make your spend card your default card in your wallet to quickly pay using FaceID or TouchID.
For more information on how to use Google Pay in stores, check out this article!