You might need to cancel an INTERAC e-Transfer® for a variety of reasons: it expired; your recipient declined your money; or they incorrectly answered your security question too many times. Follow the steps below to cancel your INTERAC e-Transfer® and get your money back.
- Log in into the Brightside app.
- Tap on the bucket from where you sent the INTERAC e-Transfer®.
- Scroll down to Transactions.
- Tap on the INTERAC e-Transfer® you want to cancel.
- Transaction detail page will display.
- Tap Cancel Transfer.
- On the next page, type an optional message, or continue to step 8.
- Tap Yes. Cancel Transfer.
- A confirmation message will display saying the INTERAC e-Transfer® has been cancelled and your money will immediately be deposited back into your bucket.