If you've sent an INTERAC e-Transfer® and can't remember if your friend accepted your money, there's an easy way to check its status. Follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Brightside app.
- Tap the bucket from which you sent the money.
- Scroll down to the transactions to find the money you sent.
- Tap the transaction for more information.
The possible statuses you will see are listed below.
- Sent - the money has been successfully sent, but it hasn't yet been deposited in their account.
- Pending completion - your friend has answered your security question correctly, but the money hasn't yet been deposited in their account.
- Declined by recipient - your friend has declined the money.
- Expired - your friend didn't deposit the money within 30 days of you sending it.
- Cancelled - you have cancelled the INTERAC e-Transfer® that you sent to your friend.
- Unable to complete - your friend didn't answer your security question correctly, or something went wrong with the deposit.
📓 Noteworthy: To get your money back, you will need to cancel the INTERAC e-Transfer® for the following statuses: Declined by recipient, Expired, Unable to complete.