If you transfer money from your connected bank to your Brightside bucket, we may place a temporary hold on the money until the amount can be verified. This can take up to 4 business days. You can find out about the status of your money by tapping the transaction for more details. Think of your funds as being delivered by a carrier pigeon. We've sent a note to your connected bank and are waiting for them to fly your money to us.
🔥 Hot Tip: You'll get a warning message when you've exceed your transfer limit. When this happens, any funds moved after this will be on hold for 4 business days.
Let's break down the 4 day hold:
- Request is sent to your connected bank to pull the money (up to 1 business day).
- Your connected bank receives the request, confirms there are available funds, and prepares the transfer (up to 1 business day).
- Your connected bank sends the money to Brightside (up to 1 business day).
- Brightside receives the transfer, reviews and deposits the funds in your bucket (up to 1 business day).
📓 Noteworthy: You can move a maximum of $5,000 per transaction between your bucket and your connected bank. Find out how to move money.
During this temporary 'hold' period, your transfer will appear in the pending transactions section of your bucket transactions list. When you tap on the transaction to view further details, the status will indicate on hold along with the date that the funds will be available.
You can find out if you have money on hold by tapping the bucket for more details. Follow the steps below.
- From the home screen, tap the bucket where you're expecting money.
- Tap the yellow arrow below your bucket balance.
- The amount of money you have on hold will be displayed below the arrow.
- Scroll down to the pending transactions section of the bucket. The transfer(s) that have a hold in place will be listed in this section.
- To find out more information, tap a specific transaction. You will see the status as on hold and the date when your money will be available.