Tracking your spending habits is a big part of the saving equation. An easy way to do this is to view your past transactions in your buckets.
Simply tap the bucket you would like to look further into and scroll down to Transactions to view how your money has moved. You can track your transactions all the way back to your very first one.
There are some important terms that banks and merchants use when they communicate with each other. We want to keep you in the loop, so we created a cheat sheet to help explain what's going on with your transactions:
- Upcoming Transactions haven’t happened yet, and are scheduled for a future date (e.g. setting up a Save Automagically of $50 every two weeks to your Brightside bucket). Upcoming transactions become pending once the process begins.
- Pending Transactions have started, but are not yet completed or settled. Example: You've made a purchase on your Brightside Spend Card, paid a bill, or sent a friend money. That transaction shows as "pending" on your bucket or doesn't appear for 3 business days. This is because it takes time for a store or another bank to communicate with Brightside and move your money. You can check the status of your transaction in Brightside by tapping it for details. For card purchases, it may take up to 9 business days for the store to complete your transaction.
- Tap on a specific transaction if you want more information about the status; here’s what you might see:
- Scheduled means the transaction is scheduled for a future date.
- On Hold means the funds are not yet available for use. The date the funds are available will also be displayed. Think of your funds as being delivered by a carrier pigeon. We've sent a note to your connected bank and are waiting for them to fly your money to us. Learn more about the process here.
- Completed means that the transaction is done (note: if you are moving money from Brightside to your connected bank, it may still take a few days).