With Round Ups, you can automatically stash away a little change every time you make a purchase. Interested? Learn how to set up Round Ups.
You can round up to the nearest $1, $2, or $5. Say you pay $26.32 at your favourite lunch spot. Here's how much you'd put away for yourself:
- $1 Round Up to $27.00 = Save $0.68
- $2 Round Up to $28.00 = Save $1.68
- $5 Round Up to $31.00 = Save $4.68
Some cool things to know about Round Ups:
- You can keep rounding up forever (if you like)!
- We keep track of your Round Ups on a weekly basis (starting on Mondays). You will get a report on how much you saved at the end of the week (following Sunday).
- Spending is tracked on one account at a time (we recommend the one you use the most).
- We track the spending on your Brightside Spend Mastercard®, account or credit card (yes, even at other banks!).
- You decide where you want to move your Round Ups savings from (we recommend the account your pay goes into, credit cards aren't allowed).
- The amount you saved is automatically transferred from your connected bank account or bucket and deposited into your Brightside bucket of choice on Mondays.
- You can track your progress by checking out the summary page.
- You can view the details of your last 10 Round Ups.
- Round Ups normally run from Monday to Sunday. If you set it up on a day other than Monday, it will run from the day you set it up until Sunday (e.g. if you set it up on Thursday, it will run from Thursday to Sunday).
- If you set your Round Ups at $1, it will not be tracked when you make a purchase that is a whole number (i.e. $2.00). It will be tracked if you set your Round Ups at $2 or $5 (e.g. if you make a purchase of $5.00, it will round up by $4.00).
Round it up and add it up. Just like that.